Friday, March 18, 2016

homeless support

I went to the a park in Modesto with this box of food and gave it to this homeless trans teen that my mom had known. He and his mom were drug addicts. He had been on the streets since he was 15. At that point in his life, he was a girl then started transitioning. He is now 24 and still on the streets. As of today he was went to jail plenty of times but they still send him to the female facility. His name is Robert. I sat down and talked with him about his decisions on life of being trans and found out we aren't that much different. I asked, " why did you want to be a guy?" He answered with a smirk and replied, " Guys can pee standing up, I have always felt like I am a man in a sense of how I have never gotten along with the crowd. I was always feeling different. Its hard for me because I like men as well. It wasn't like I was a lesbian and decided to change my sexuality." I asked him one more important question, " Has anyone helped support your decision or helped you be comfortable transitioning?" he said, " Most of my family is homophobic. My mom although helped me through the possess.  It was hard for us to scramble money considering my addiction to drugs and still is a struggle. I now am trying to get back on my feet by getting a job and help myself to become a real man." It was a great talk with him and I actually hope he will keep me updated so I can help in for the future in his transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment